My box of goodies arrive from Germany, supplied by http://www.extremtextil.de/
- 100g of 860cuin Hungerian Goose Down
- 4 Mini-Cordlocks with side loops
- 2 Cannon Clips -fluorescent
- 2 Cannon Clips - micro
- 10 metres of 2mm black shock cord
- 10 metres of 2mm Olive shock cord
- 7 metres of 20mm strong Webbing - green
- 4 40mm Micro Carabiners - Green
- Total 64.10 Euro's with shipping.
- Buy Rip-Stock as raw material rather than butcher a sleeping bag
- Make square baffles to improve warmth
- Get rid of webbing along outer edge to reduce weight
- use larger cannon clips and 3mm shock cord for greater strength (reduced weight on these small items is probably not necessary compared with greater strength!)
Overall I am very pleased with the outcome. It is a large pack size, but this 'Is' a very thick mid-winter, full length underquilt, and should take me down to about -10c. With better hindsight for a future design, im sure I could reduce the overall size though.
Weight: 2lb 13oz (with 2 medium size caribiners, all cord and stuff sack) Suff Sack Size: 13in long by 6 1/2 wide (I used my thermarest stuff sack in the photo)